We are the parent organization of the Tucson Meet Yourself Festival held in October of each year in Downtown Tucson, Arizona.
In addition to the annual Tucson Meet Yourself Festival, the Southwest Folklife Alliance:
- provides educational opportunities through place-based “Citizen Folklorist” field schools;
- supports economic development through heritage artists professional development institutes;
- explores and documents local knowledge on timely topics such as Death and Grief, Placemaking and Social Memory;
- builds awareness of diverse folk and heritage practices throughout the Border region corridor;
- consults with government and private entities on cultural asset mapping strategies and cultural competency.
We want to hear from you!
Southwest Folklife Alliance programming extends across the United States border region, extending from Southern California to Western Texas. Engage us in a discussion about a potential project or program in your community today. Address inquiries to our Executive Program Director, Dr. Maribel Alvarez at firstname.lastname@example.org.